Carbondale, IL - (708) 214-8512 - email@example.com
|~Targeting Professional Journalist~|
- Senior at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, majoring in Journalism and minoring in History.
- Diligent and dependable writer who lives for her craft.
- Accelerated learner with a creative mind.
- Passionate writer who has been published multiple times in major publications such as The Daily Republican in Marion, IL.
- Editor-in-Chief and coordinator of all aspects of UNleashed Magazine.
- Recieved $1,000 scholarship for being the Editor-In-Chief of award-winning high school newspaper, The Aquila.
- Media coverage of Summercamp Music Festival for 2 consecutive years.
- Freelance writer and photographer for The Daily Republican.
-Daily Egyptian, Carbondale, IL
• Creating classified ads.
• Proofreading newspaper template before going to print.
• Contacting potential advertisers.
• Published writer for Pulse (Arts and Entertainment) section of newspaper.
-UNleashed Magazine, Carbondale, IL
• Editor-in-cheif. In charge of editing and writing articles.
• Conceptualized strategic planning and procedures of magazine.
• Overall management of magazine.
• Working with local businessess for advertising opportunities.
-Law Office of Beth Mann, Orland Park, IL
• Scanning and recording important legal documents.
• Logging information into organized Excel spreadsheets.
• Managed all incoming phone calls and emails.
- Knowledge of both Macintosh and Microsoft programs.
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Excel.
- Comprehensive experience with deadlines.
Southern Illinois University– Carbondale, IL
Degree expected: May 2014-B.S. in Journalism, minor in History.